Next article Search Articles Instructions for authors  Access Statistics | Citation Manager  
IMAGES  

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed2539    
    Printed62    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded127    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal

Pneumopericardium due to ingestion of button battery


Department of Pediatrics, Dr. S. N. Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India

Correspondence Address:
Sandeep Choudhary
Department of Pediatrics, Dr. S. N. Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/0974-2069.171387

Rights and Permissions

Year : 2016  |  Volume : 9  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 94-95

 

SEARCH
Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles

  Article in PDF (511 KB)
Email article
Print Article
Add to My List
Mostly ingested button batteries passed through the gastrointestinal tract without any adverse effects. But button battery can lead to hazardous complications including tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), especially when the battery is impacted in the esophagus. Urgent esophagoscopic removal of the battery is essential in all cases. Once the TEF is identified, conservative management is the initial treatment of choice. Delayed primary repair can be tried if spontaneous closure does not occur. Here in we want to report a rare case of air leak syndrome, pneumo-pericardium secondary to the corrosive effect of a button battery and child recovered completely with conservative management.






[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
 

 

 

 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 
 
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
  *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 
 IMAGES
 




Department of Pediatrics, Dr. S. N. Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India

Correspondence Address:
Sandeep Choudhary
Department of Pediatrics, Dr. S. N. Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/0974-2069.171387

Rights and Permissions

Mostly ingested button batteries passed through the gastrointestinal tract without any adverse effects. But button battery can lead to hazardous complications including tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), especially when the battery is impacted in the esophagus. Urgent esophagoscopic removal of the battery is essential in all cases. Once the TEF is identified, conservative management is the initial treatment of choice. Delayed primary repair can be tried if spontaneous closure does not occur. Here in we want to report a rare case of air leak syndrome, pneumo-pericardium secondary to the corrosive effect of a button battery and child recovered completely with conservative management.






[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*


        
Print this article     Email this article